Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, boudin!. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Boudin! is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Boudin! is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook boudin! using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Boudin!:
- Get Sausage
- Take 8 lb Pork Butt
- Get 1 bunch Green Onions
- Make ready 2 Onions, cut in quarters
- Take 1 Cajun Seasoning…to taste
- Get 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- Make ready 6 cup cooked white long grain rice (do not use instant)
- Get 1 Sausage Casings
- Prepare 1 Sausage Stuffer
Instructions to make Boudin!:
- Cajun Boudin is made with pork meat and liver. You can swap out the liver for more meat if you wish. First season the pork butt well with Cajun Seasoning and Salt and Pepper. Dice up the pork in large pieces. Then add pork meat, onions, garlic and enough water to cover the meat mixture. Simmer for 1 hour and 15 min. Remove the meat and allow to cool. Save the broth for mixing.
- Once cooled, grind the meat with half the green onions. Then mix the rice with the meat mixture,remaining green onions, Tony’s seasoning and a little broth to make it as moist as you desire. You can taste test once all mixed and adjust the seasoning to your taste. Add cayenne pepper to the boudin recipe for additional heat.
- This boudin recipe will require a sausage stuffer to fill the casing with the mixture. While stuffing, be sure to pinch off and spin a link about every 10 inches. If you can't find a stuffer locally, visit the provided links to Amazon, they have a great selection delivered to your door step. The links shows my favorites for home use and one a little bigger
- You can freeze the boudin for later or heat up a pot of water to a boil, turn off the heat and add a couple of boudin links to the pot, in that order! You can not boil boudin, it will bust out of the casing and make a mess. Wait 10 minutes. Boudin should be piping hot and ready to eat!
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food boudin! recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!